Tuesday, November 27, 2012

...Then they came for my gun.

“First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—
because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—
because I was not a socialist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—
because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—
and there was no one left to speak out for me.”
Martin Niemöller

The University of Colorado

The University of Colorado at Boulder and the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs have recently been mandated by the Colorado Supreme court to remove the ban on guns and concealed weapon's permit as the rule violated Constitutional rights. The University in retaliation implemented new segregation rules that require any student who has a concealed weapons permit and carries their firearm to live in separate housing.

That's right, anyone who is exercising their Constitutional right is being segregated.

Not only is this dangerous, but it also shows academia's complete and total disregard for logic. They have effectively announced to any would-be rapist or thief precisely which dorm to stay away from, and which dorm to target.

Of course the left his praising this new statute. In an op-ed by John Bershad, a columnist of Mediate.com, the views of the left are revealed in this imaginary conversation featured in his article.

COLLEGE DUDE: Hey, babe. Want to come to a cool party?
SEXY CO-ED: Sure! Where’s it at?
COLLEGE DUDE: Brady Dorm.
SEXY CO-ED: Wait…isn’t that the gun dorm?
COLLEGE DUDE: Yeah…
SEXY CO-ED: Um, I’ll pass.
COLLEGE DUDE: Hold on. The Constitution grants me the right to carry a gun. I use it to protect myself and my loved ones. I am trained in its use and respectful of its powers. Who are you to look down on me and centuries of American gun rights?
SEXY CO-ED: I’m not looking down on you. I just don’t want to hang out with a bunch of drunk idiots carrying handguns. No, I’m going to go to my dorm and get high because Colorado legalized weed in November 2012.
COLLEGE DUDE: Hmmm. I think I’ll join you. I’m a college student and, therefore, sex and drugs are way cooler than any gun could ever be!
SEXY CO-ED: Hooray!
(source: http://www.mediaite.com/online/university-of-colorado-to-now-segregate-gun-owning-students-into-special-gun-dorms/)

Face it folks, are liberties are being destroyed left and right. I am writting the University and expressing my outrage at this clear violation of 2nd amendment rights.

I have provided the Universities mailing address and email if you wish to do the same. I encourage you to do so.

Housing & Dining Services
Campus Box: 159 UCB
Fax: 303-492-4646
Information: 303-492-6871

Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Campus Box: 31
C4C S430
2249 Willard Loop Drive
Boulder, CO
Fax: 303-492-3267
Main : 303-492-8476

Coffin, Deb, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
deb.coffin@Colorado.EDU
303-492-8477
31 UCB


No comments:

Post a Comment