Saturday, November 24, 2012

...So this is what we have become...

I was saddened and dismayed when I opened up the "Drudge Report" app on my phone to see the absolutely appalling, albeit not surprising, headlines on the front page. It is disgusting and revolting to see what our society has become.

Black Friday has become nothing short of a memorandum on how far we have slid. Disgusting. I call it the "Me-Mentality" Where's mine! What about me! Give me! Mine! Mine! Mine! It is a problem that gets worse and worse with each generation.

I don't understand. I do not get it.

There is a large percentage of our society that I no longer relate to. I understand the thrill of the hunt when it comes to finding a great deal. I would never personally wake up at 3 in the morning and go stand in line and brave the crowds of consumers for a few bucks worth of savings, but I do understand it. What I don't understand is how that greed can turn people into zombies. Zombies who physically hurt other zombies to be first in line.

We are living in perilous times. In a society where almost half of the population is on Government hand-outs is it any wonder that this is what we have become? What happened to decency? What happened to respect for other people? I guess who cares as long as I get mine!! Sad!

I am quickly loosing faith in my fellow countrymen.

Here are just some of the headlines that cause me to literally weep for what my Country has become:

'Gang fight' at Black Friday sale... 
Man Punched in Face Pulls Gun On Line-Cutting Shopper...
Shots fired outside WALMART...
Shoppers smash through door at URBAN OUTFITTERS...
Customers run over in parking lot...
Woman busted after throwing merchandise...
Thousands storm VICTORIA'S SECRET...
Mayhem at Nebraska mall where 9 murdered in 2007...
Shoplifter tries to mace security guards...
Men Steal Boy's Shopping Bag Outside BED, BATH & BEYOND...
Heckler calls them zombies...
Source: http://www.drudgereport.com: 

No comments:

Post a Comment